3.17.2007

Mixed Veggie Couscous

I played around and in less than 15 minutes (OMG!) came up with a really tasty dish (OMG! x 2).

I call it Mixed Veggie Couscous (not to be confused with my Confused Rice recipe).

I put a handful of frozen peas in a small sauce pot and made sure they cooked up, then I added 1/2 cup of water, a lot of dried dill, and waited for it to begin boiling up. I then turned off the heat, applied a handful of couscous, covered the pot and waited five minutes or so.

Meanwhile I grabbed my jar of Japanese no-chili vegetarian pickles.

When the couscous was done soaking up all the water, I fluffed it with a fork and added a good bit of pickled veggies and stirred.

Yummy! No salt needed, since the pickles are saltier than saltines.

I had it just a little while ago with some ice-cold soy milk. :o)

- J