12.24.2008

Movie Review and Trailer Notes

So I went to see "Yes! Man" featuring Jim Carrey and Zoe Deschanel. Very good movie. I always end up liking Jim Carrey movies even if I'm tentative going in. Though my #1 favorite will always remain "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." I'm going to look up the soundtrack, particularly the song at the end credits because I liked it.

Besides the really good movie, what I got out of the experience was a couple of interesting trailers to keep track of.

Then again...Fast and Furious (#4) always looks interesting based on the trailers, but somehow I get the feeling the movies never live up to the hype or trailers, and that's the reason I've never seen any in the series. Vin Diesel still looks hot, but a wee bit old for this kind of kiddie romp. One thing though, there's a really, really good song in the FnF trailer that's perfect for my "cars" playlist ;o) The song is "We are the Rockstars" by 'Does It Offend You? Yeah" -- yeah the names almost offend me, really bad names...almost as bad as the poster for FnF4. I'll eventually give in and watch these movies. Eventually.

There's the new romcom "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds (sorry I can't say I like the guy, too metrosexual w/ the obvious eyeliner). The movie reminds me of a cross between "Two Weeks Notice" and "Son in Law" -- if I'm dating myself with the Pauly Shore movie, it's because I don't usually watch these sort of movies...as you may be able to tell. And...I hate saying it, but Sandra looks a little tired.

There was also an interesting sappy love story movie with a lot of usually good (Scarlett Johansson, Drew Barrymore, Kris Kristofferson) or at least, well known (Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck) actors. The movie's called "He's Just Not That Into You." I'm not into this type of movie, again, so I doubt I'll see it...but then again...Scarlett Johansson is in it... decisions, decisions.

Next on my to watch list:
  1. Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler (always a good bet)
  2. Underworld (#3? the new one about lycans w/ Rhona Mitra)
  3. Nip/Tuck season 4
  4. Ghost Town
  5. Burn After Reading -- dang it the trailer did me in. Plus: still trying to like Tilda Swinton, she's a bit of an acquired taste, but fascinating none the less
  6. Cowboy Bebop