12.24.2008

Tim Burton Coolness Alert

So I'm reading my Google Reader, minding my own business, when suddenly news of a new Tim Burton project pop up on the rss. According to /Film, Tim is teaming up with cool guy Timur Bekmambetov (of Nightwatch/Daywatch and Wanted fame) on this really neat and artsy digital animation project called 9. What do you know, my favorite number of all things.

I was a little ticked about the lack of info on the plot.
A
ccording to IMDb the animation's in post-production right now (yey!) but does not expand on the plot past what the article on /Film says that 9 is all about:
a post-apocalyptic nightmare in which all of humanity is threatened
.
But some key words from a quote in the /Film article further expand on it a little:
“When 9 (Wood) first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world. All humans are gone, and it is only by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction."

Yeah I also was confused at who Wood was, but they talk about the voice-over actors a little later in the /Film article, worth reading.

I'm embedding the trailer here. I was a little confused at the beginning thinking this was more of an artsy, stream of consciousness project...but I really warmed up to it by the end and now I'm totally interested in seeing more. According to IMBd it's scheduled to come out 20 September 2009 but according to /Film it's coming out on 09/09/2009... so we'll have to see when it does come on out.