2.24.2009

Surprise Tuesday

This is what happens when I take Monday as a comp day...I come in Tuesday (today) and find that my boss is treating everyone in the office to breakfast goodies in honor of my being a "project manager" now -- someone checked my LinkedIn page and found out I was taking a certificate in project management from DePaul University...with an estimated end date of 2009. But there's a few weeks left in this last course before I'm done!

I was moved and taken aback, and immensely appreciative of everyone's good wishes. It was really sweet, particularly when the CEO came by my cubicle to congratulate me. But me, being the way I am, I thought this was a little overkill, particularly for something I had kept very close to the chest. People in my office can be terribly kind and sweet at times...