3.31.2009

Movie: Altered States

What an amazing movie Altered States is. I'm glad I happened upon it and watched it tonight. It was really good, weird, quirky, intelligent, and psychedelic. I especially enjoyed the fx, amazing for that time (1980). Though the final scene, where William Hurt kept beating his arm against the hallway walls, reminded me A LOT of A-Ha's music video for Take on Me.

Really brought a unique plot, with something you don't often see anymore in movies these days: intelligent, intellectual dialogue about self, psychology, our origins, and purpose.

My favorite surprise was John Larroquette as a young X-ray lab attendant.

What a trippy movie ;) pardon the pun. As a natural segue, I am watching Coma next. Looking forward to another favorite surprise: Tom Selleck as a corpse!