3.24.2009

Reading Material

Sorry but this post is mostly meant as a self-reminder...though you may find it of interest as well. There's some fascinating reading material I've been recently made aware of and that I want to add to my rather overflowing reading queue:
My reading queue looks like this right now:
  • Books of Blood by Clive Barker and Inside Inside by James Lipton -- being read concurrently
  • Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz
  • On Writing by Stephen King
  • Duma Key, Stephen King

Let me say that I was impressed by the introduction to Clive Barker's Books of Blood...it's an excellent introspection and lesson to aspiring writers everywhere. And his point is one I also noticed today in a video interview with Kevin Smith.

I'm desperately trying to pull myself away from the laptop to read through these five books before my two Spring term courses begin the first week of April ^_^

Last night I failed :( I was glued to the 'top watching (1) the ending to The Mission, (2) Trois Couleurs Rouge (which was and still is one of the best relaxing movies I've ever seen) and (3) part of Il Gatto a Nove Code (which may very well be my last Argento-athon movie for the month of March).

Happy reading/movie-watching folks. *waves*