4.03.2009

Book Review: I Will Teach You to Be Rich


I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi is my #1 favorite financial basics book. I've been waiting for a book like this for a couple of years, at least.

The words in the book approach you like a knowledgeable friend who knows the time has come to provide you some tough love. It gives you the nuts and bolts you need to straigthen up financially, and helps you snap out of your money palm face lifestyle.

It's mainly targeted to young, smart folk who are about to or recently did graduate from college and who need to get their adult financial thinking caps on.

Reasonable nuts and bolts advice that's actionable. That's all I've ever wanted from a financial advice book. I've finally found it. You don't have to be a millionare, just ready to take action and become self-sufficient financially.

I swear this is a dream come true. I started budgeting and automating my finances, and I'm already noticing a lot of the strain and stress going away and being replaced by calm and functionality.