11.22.2009

Movies

I finally got to see the latest installment in the Twilight series today. I really liked the photography in the woods, and young master Jacob's ripped abs. Besides that, not much else to admire. I'm not into Edward, at all.

They've been running Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal an awful lot lately. I love Hannibal, it's great, with the crappy brain scene. I could do without that, it's just not believable. None the less, I decided I will be adding the series of books to my reading queue to familiarize myself with Hannibal Lecter's true form.

In the same vein, I found out about the movie Manhunter (1986), which, apparently was the first movie based on the books--it's pretty much Red Dragon except in the 80s. I was happy to see Bill Peterson and Joan Allen, however, Brian Cox's version of Hannibal Lecter (Lecktor) left a lot to be desired. He reminded me of someone I know and I cracked up whenever he was on scene.