12.17.2009

Classes Update

I'm taking four classes at two different schools, come January 14:
  • CIS 1150 - Intro to Computer Info Sys (online)
  • CIS 1300 - Web Design Software (online)
  • LAE 515 - Feature Writing (Chicago 1x week)
  • LAE 599 - Thesis Project (TBD per advisor's sched)
It's an ambitious schedule, but that's the only way I know how to make progress on the two programs I want to follow. It's also a great way to keep busy in the cold, dark, winter months of Illinois -- sometimes it's the hardest time of all year.

If all works well, I'll have 3/4 or more of my Masters thesis completed by mid-March.

I was surprised to learn that I needed only two books for this term, one each for my computer classes. I located economical options online because the bookstore is insanely expensive, and purchased them yesterday. They'll probably come in the mail while I'm out on vaca.