5.19.2010

Concert: Nickelback at Allstate Arena

This year, I've categorized it my concert year. Last year was my baseball year and so I went to three games (two Cubs, one White Sox)

So this year's second  concert (first was Muse back in March) is Nickelback, with pre-show shows by Sick Puppies, Shinedown (horrible sound live, sorry guys), and Breaking Benjamin.

I have always loved Nickelback's sound and lyrics, and in particular, Chad Kroeger's voice. But seeing him/them live gave me a whole other appreciation for their showmanship. Chad Kroeger's a great master of ceremonies, singer, and entertainer.

Check out pix and video of the concert on my Flickr Nickelback Concert set--more pix being added this afternoon when I get home and get a chance to download from both my iPhone and my camera.

The next concert will be in June, Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat at Ravinia, then in July Huey Lewis and the News at the Morton Arboretum. I also have tickets for Lollappalooza 2010 -  can't wait!