9.21.2010

Leek Soup and Biscuits

Last night I made leek and potato soup with buttermilk biscuits. Tho I screwed up the biscuits recipe (Martha please don't hate me), next time I'll have the items, fresh from the store, out and measured, and just occupy myself with the assembly and baking! I promise.

The leek soup, I must admit, is one of my best to date. Probably because I cut the task down considerably by just pressure cooking the potatoes and leek. Here's a quick recipe then:
  • 1 leek- white part only, washed and sliced thinly
  • 2 potatoes - washed, scrubbed, peeled, and chopped in approximately 6 chunks each
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 tbs butter
  • salt, pepper, and powdered marjoram to taste
  1. Pressure cook the chunked potatoes and sliced leeks with a little water (3-whistle rule)
  2. When they're cooked, transfer to blender and blend with 1 cup water
  3. Transfer to a large pot, add remaining water and milk, season with spices, stir well and heat through.
  4. Serve with buttermilk biscuits.
Bon appetit!