10.10.2011

Conference Update

I was gone last week while I worked at our company's annual conference. It was again located in Philly this year, so I had enough of a comfort level that this time I took SEPTA from the airport to the convention center, and back when my time was up.

It was an incredibly hectic and busy conference from the staff perspective, but I think the attendees had a great time. The educational sessions, the show floor, and the networking events are always a HUGE draw, and this year they didn't disappoint.

I am taking a little longer to get over the conference lag this year. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older or because of the time difference and five hour plane delay on the way back. I was waking up at five or five thirty in the morning each morning, which in Central Time translates to four or four thirty in the morning.

I schlepped, talked, greeted, helped, and made up answers if I didn't have any. And that kinda takes a lot out of you. But the hardest part was probably walking through a maze of conference attendees when you're in a hurry to get from A to B with large boxes. However, any small issue that arose was handled in the back end, and no one was the wiser on the customer end. I think that if things look smooth on the front end, we've all been successful at doing our thang.

Here's to my four day weekend, which, without pride or resentment I say I truly earned. Cheers to a job well done.

Here's some photos I captured at this year's conference and trip to and fro. This is officially the smallest set of photos I've ever taken at one of our conferences and during that trip--I wasn't kidding when I said it was hectic.