12.10.2011

Books Read Update

I brought my iPad last week and read several books that I've been meaning to get around to in a while:

  • The Picture of Dorian Gray - got halfway and got bored so moved on to other books, but will return to it. I may have spoiled it by watching the Colin Firth movie earlier this fall...
  • Aesop's Fables
  • The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
  • A Christmas Carol
  • Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know - almost done!
All these were on Kindle and obtained for free. Next up:
  • The Time Machine
  • Frankenstein
  • MacBeth
  • The LEgends of King Arthur and His Knights
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • The Iliad
As always, my eyes are bigger than my time available to actually read. I may very well opt to read these treasures while soaking in a bath--I realize that the mere fact of holding an Apple product in proximity of water is wince inducing, and yet... I've decided I'm going to use bath bombs and soaks before bedtime to help with winter blues and other assorted maladies. Wish me luck.

Today I received a book by mail that I purchased on Abe Books or Alibris, I can't remember, about two weeks ago, titled He Eats Shoots & Leaves. As an editor I am filled with glee at being able to have this little treasure in my hands. This book is an excellent reference guide to writing and grammar, apparently,  as it was very heavily recommended by several of my (favorite) professors at NLU over the two years  I was there completing my MS. Can't wait to crack it open and give it a peek.

Cheers to making the best of long winter nights!