7.20.2012

Common Themes and Fave Movies

I recently realized there may be some sort of trend in some of my favorite Indie movies, some of which, by the way, I've started watching again.

And they are:
  • Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing and Charm School
  • Lost in Translation
  • The Full Monty
  • Kinky Boots
  • Dark City
  • My Life as a Dog
  • Melancholia
  • Genova
  • Broken Flowers
  • Dan in Real Life
  • Chocolat
  • Sneakers
  • Gosford Park
  • The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
  • Rouge
  • Ronin
Common theme: real, imperfect people struggle through what life throws at them to find joy/a muse and/or just keep on trucking.

PS - I debated for a full three minutes whether I wanted to alphabetize this list or not. Even though my urge was to alphabetize it, I am playing with an artful need to be contrary to my OCD (CDO in some circles--get it? get it?) this week. Either that or I just am too tired to give a damn. Cheers.