7.21.2012

The Morton Arboretum and the Theatre-Hikes Company

I went to my first theater hike of the season, Hound of the Baskervilles, presented by Theatre-Hikes again at The Morton Arboretum. It was AWESOME.

Notwithstanding a little hot and damp, it was mostly shady, and no skeeters to bug one as I sat and viewed a great show of a great favorite.

The hike was healthy, I believe they've expanded that portion of the program. Which is always a plus. Alas, I didn't wear my blister relief cream and got a couple of unpleasant souvenirs! Oh well.

Also got to spy a bride getting some snaps taken around Thornhill on the Arboretum grounds, then a separate wedding party near the visitors' center preparing to dine post-event. Two weddings in one day! Good for the Arboretum. Lovely locale for any celebration.

I can't wait for the rest of the theatre hike season's shows: Wind in the Willows, The Tempest, and Curse of the Werewolf.

Love, love, love.

To learn more about The Morton Arboretum you can check out their website, and to learn more about the independent Theatre-Hikes company you can check out their website. Let's support the arts!