11.29.2012

Obsession: Fir Scents

Thymes Frasier Fir votive
I bought a votive candle from the Morton Arboretum about two years ago, which has turned into my #1 favorite scent at home.

My Thymes Frasier Fir votive helped replace my much loved but no longer available Lisn incense varietal packet.

I absolutely loved every whiff of my fir candle. So much so, that I went back last year and bought the three-pack votive refill (white votives)--while a perplexed significant other watched. These are pricey, but so well worth every whiff!

Today, I discovered that they've brought back the collection to the Morton Arboretum store, and with an expanded product line! *squee*

I now have a car deodorizer (frasier fir decorative sachet) for my collection. Can you imagine taking a deep whiff during evening rush hour and being swept away to a fir forest away from it all? I'm already relaxed just thinking about it.

While I was placing the sachet on the rear view mirror, I noticed a description of the scent on the back of the cardboard label: "warm, comforting scent of crisp Siberian Fir needles, heartening cedarwood, and relaxing sandalwood." These can be great essential oils for a bath in the middle of a chilly winter evening.

It's because of this collection's unavailability at the arboretum store that I began exploring the Fresh Balsam candle last winter at Bath and Body works--which has been a lovely dupe, but not quite up to the refined scent of the Thymes Fir product line. Very addictive and soothing. Ahhh!

You can learn more about the Thymes Frasier Fir collection from their landing page. PS Thymes is a Minnesota company!

I grew up near a pine and evergreen forest in Italy, where my maternal grandparents would often take me for walks. I think that scent has embedded itself into my psyche.