12.11.2012

Serendipitous Discoveries

Serendipity can bring a smile to my face, or terror to my heart. You never quite now how it's going to turn out.

Seeing a little yellow Fiat 500 parked outside my office is a grin. Finding out a co-worker has the same bag or similar sweets that I bought and have at home, creepy.

Sometimes a chain of events conspire to bring joy, much like I read in Pronoia quotes from Free Will Astrology. I find those instances, or trying to have faith in the possibility of those instances, very uplifting.

I think I've been missing awe and amusement in my life for the past couple of months. Either they're missing or I stopped noticing them. Either way, we have a bit of a problem.

Gotta work on identifying and rejoicing in serendipitous discoveries. The button nose and perfect fingernails of a six-week old baby. Looking up into a sunset-colored sky as snowflakes slowly begin to fall on your upraised face.

Time to walk away with my chin up, rather than slouching down to a trudge. That way, I can see amazing things unfolding just for my notice again.