- enjoy a healthy lifestyle - I've gone back to yoga and will add back in my 15-20 minute gym workouts as well.
- have daily routines and rituals that expand the balance, joy, and focus I experience in my life
- find meaningful work that is rewarding to me - any type of work, busyness reading, or other projects. Not just 9-to-5.
- draw to myself helpful and supportive mentors and guides - I'm reading up about Chicago's publishing and editing news sources, associations, and experts to learn more about this environment. It draws me very much.
- find balance in both my emotions and lifestyle
- find joy in small and big things in everyday life - sometimes, these things don't need to be photographed to share, or typed out in social media. Sometimes, these are just for me.
- find focus in both the future and the present - projects I can look forward to, enjoy working on, and look back on with a feeling of accomplishment when they're done.
These are being taken care of via a variety of initiatives I've begun, which I won't go into detail here. A lot depends on setting goals and projects for myself that I look forward to, work on until they're accomplished, and then can look back on once completed with a sense of accomplishment.
I think these intentions create a solid structure where I can be a more successful and happy person in the various roles I play on an everyday basis. I need to remember one needs to walk well before s/he can begin to run.
Wish us luck! Do you have intentions, goals, and resolutions for 2013?