3.18.2013

Indulging in Lazy Weekends

I love lazy weekends, even if I spend most of the time alone!

I had a good weekend because Saturday was completely lazy and dedicated to catching up on YouTube  videos about Minecraft (check out EthosLab, he's a great engineer and narrates well) while doing a juice cleanse. Benny, my favorite leg warmer, was always nearby snoozing away and coming up for a cuddle on occasion.

Then Sunday morning got me moving for a LGBTQI ally workshop at church and then a congregational meeting. Since I had a headache and was starving I didn't get to stick around for service, but I did eavesdrop on the earlier service when the entire choir piped up Queen's famous Bohemian Rhapsody. Absolutely magnificent rendition with musical instruments and everything. I love my church and all those who make it as great as it is.

The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping, clothes shopping, and then a lovely late lunch at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Friacos. I enjoyed some chicken mole enchiladas with charro beans. Spicy and perfect to loosen up my sinuses.

I've been fighting the cold that everyone's been afflicted with lately, and hope to keep it at bay a little longer. I haven't been feeling all that great, so we'll see.

I've got a BIG week ahead of me, and I have a post about this that will come out on Wednesday. So, for today and tomorrow, I need to focus on work: clean up my folders, to-do lists, and project summaries so that things run smoothly in my short absence later this week, and so I'm not completely vacation-brain clueless when I return.

Here's to a good start to our week!