3.15.2014

Unconcerned about Health Concerns

I read somewhere once that the best way to stop being a hypochondriac was to actually get diagnosed with a serious ailment. It's true, I've felt since. Be thankful for the things that go well, and don't over analyze the little things.

Lately, my philosophy in life has been to be more laid back when life hands me lemons. I don't need to make lemonade right away, rather, in my own time.

So recently I received an uncertain diagnosis on a health issue. So now I am scheduled for a biopsy. I'm not sure what's more nerve wracking:

  • the idea of needles and a biopsy, and pain?
  • the bill that will come later?
  • getting a positive result and having to come up with a treatment plan? or opt out knowing how that will end in more pain
  • having the biopsy results be perfectly normal so all this worry was for nothing?
I think I'll take it a step at a time. I'll just remember my biopsy appointment and be there on time. Then I'll take what comes next when it comes. As the old saying says, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.