9.24.2006

Yoga, Yogis, Yo!

I've been practicing yoga for a week, and I feel better.

The type of yoga I selected to practice is unique in that it is, first of all, Korean, and secondly, a cross between martial arts, energy training, and yoga stretching. To learn more about my type of yoga, see the Dahn Yoga page.

I really like the way it combines stress release to rid yourself of negative energy and toxicity that has accumulated during the day, then moves into warming up and energizing, then stretching and finally, disciplined movement to increase your limbs' flexibility. But most of all, I really like the unity created through the great and respectful interaction between the students--it gives you a great way to move out from under the shadow of shyness or tentativeness. You just go for it, because you know it's a safe environment, and in the end, the results will be great.

In addition I've subscribed to the newsletter sent out by Yoga Journal magazine which not only provides excellent new poses to try, but also excellent practical reasons why yoga is so good for you in your everyday life. It's been providing me an excellent perspective on the applicability and lessons that yoga can bring to all parts of my daily life.

I personally appreciate yoga for the focus you have to dedicate it before beginning each session, during each session, and the thankfulness you feel after each session. It's an excellent pause during a full day of focusing externally on everyone else's requirements, to really focus internally to capture that engery lying there in wait, and centering it into creating a more limber and capable physiology.

Try a pose or two today, and if you have the patience and time, pick up practicing at your local studio.

-_-

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment