My grandmother (and others, recently) suggested I do like the Swiss, and pull them out and hang them upside down. That seems terribly harsh treatment for a live plant, and I prefer to continue leaving them interred and on top of a stylish, garden-y metal stool, near a sunny window in my kitchen.

However, since today is just a picture-perfect pre-Spring day, they and their pot got a little clean up, pruning, and a lot of picking off of dead leaves and other accumulated, decaying organic matter.
I wish I'd captured a snap of them before I cleaned them up. It's a big difference. They've also been watered and now, will hopefully begin their Spring rebirth starting with today's vitamin D session. Do you have plants at home or work that you care for?
I love these guys. I bought them the first summer (2005) we spent in our current townhome. How long do you think a typical person keeps their plants?
My geraniums really seem to thrive starting late spring and, of course, during the height of summer until October.
No comments:
Post a Comment