9.09.2010

Reading Update

The only downside to reading He's Just Not That Into You is that you realize how very few people really are into you. It makes anyone feel like it's safer to stick to multi-player games online and never venture out for human contact again. Once you have a pet, why need humans? That's my new policy...er...or maybe not.

By the way, it took me *way* too much effort (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Borders) to find this book in a brick and mortar store. It was strange. I made my way out into the world, to interact with fellow humans, and I was almost forced to go back online to purchase the book because no one had it. I was adamant I would purchase this book among other human beings, in person, in a brick and mortar store! Go figure, this reminds me an awful lot of the chicken and the egg...what came first the online obsession or did real life turn you into an online obsessee? Only a few of us have the answer mwahahaha. And we're not telling.

And the downside to reading Hef's Little Black Book is that you realize how tricky it is to get serendipity/luck and hard work percentages just right, while not really thinking about it, so that you actually make something of yourself. Oh and don't forget the baby oil (don't ask, don't tell).

4 comments:

  1. At my previous job my boss had previously worked at a Borders, he mentioned there used to be a guy that would come in and slip his phone number into all the Ayn Rand books in an effort to make a connection with other like-minded readers. My old boss said the store staff would remove the slips of paper with this guy's phone number on them and throw them out. I mean from a legal/liability perspective I can understand why-- but at the same time I found that rather unfortunate. The guy was certainly being creative in his attempts to make a connection and found the general quashing of his creativity to be rather sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet, he definitely gets an A for effort! These days, what with Facebook and MeetUp.com, and Shelfari, it's hardly difficult to connect w like-minded people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once suggested, back when I was still single, that the best way to determine the level of a person's interest in you... If they ask for your phone number-- give it to them in Roman numerals. If they call you, it means they're interested enough to decipher your phone number from the Xs, Vs, Is, and etc. you used.

    It's a similar principle, but not guaranteed to result in finding like minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll certainly weed out those who didn't pay attention in school ;)

    ReplyDelete