5.14.2006

Fave Cosmetics/Beauty Items

This is the second report, but on cosmetics this time. Here are my very personal Beauty Faves that I've been able to secure through extensive personal trial and error (anguish and personal loss of expendable funds). The personal care items listed earlier can be for ladies or gentlement, but cosmetics... this is girls only territory!

Jane Iredale
Pressed Powder Foundation (the first foundation or powder that is actually good for irritated skin)
Blush (extremely gentle and noncomedogenic, and so many colors!)
Circle Delete (I had no idea my dark circles could be deleted, this is great!)
Petal eyelid primer (beautiful, shimmery and light)

idBare Minerals
Eye shadows (the way they feel as they go on is unparalelled)
Eye glimmers (fun accents)
Eye glimpses (powdery watercolors for your eyelids)
Liner shadow (the only way I can get eyeliner to stay all day)
Liner brush (I've tried the slanted ones, this one is a keeper)
Foundation brush (so versatile and portable)
Blush brush (for just a sheer wash or layering)

Aveda (the best company for lip products, because they are fantastic for sensitive stomachs and gastric systems like mine)
Lip tint
Lip liner
Lip gloss
Lipstick

Chanel (the ultimate in conventional but high-end cosmetics)
Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in Violet Smoke

L'Oreal Paris USA
Makeup Artiste All purpose Shadow brush (this is my favorite for an even, first wash of color on the eyelid)
Voluminous Mascara (does not disrupt my contact lense wear)

Maybelline
Full 'n Soft mascara (does not disrupt my contact lense wear)

Enjoy! Perhaps you will find something new to give a try from this list, and perhaps it will work as well for your as it does for me.

:o)
-J